Sometimes the best laid plans go astray.
Have you heard that before? Well, I certainly have, and unfortunately, it describes my weekend, and the past several days perfectly.
I worked on Thursday, and towards the end of my shift, I began to get a headache. No big deal. I’ll take something, and be as good as new…or so I thought.
I had made a mental list of everything that needed to be done this weekend. I needed to finish making our Christmas cards, mail them, finish any last minute shopping…
However, none of this happened. No instead, I was confined to the couch and my bed for three days – Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, sick. And when I wasn’t occupying those spaces, I could be found in the bathroom. This was not exactly the weekend I had planned.
I am just now starting to slowly emerge. Something about not being able to keep anything down for over 48 hours leaves a girl weak.
While I wasn’t able to do the things I wanted, it did give me a rare opportunity to observe a few things. Based on those observations I made a few conclusions:
- I have said this before, but I’ll say it again…I have a great support group of family and friends that are always willing to help without my asking.
- My husband is capable of doing housework! Though it wasn’t done to my specifications, it was done, and for that I am thankful.
- My kids can wear wrinkled clothing (refer back to #2).
- My kids can get their own bowl of cereal…why do I continue to do this for them?
- Ruthie is quite the beautician and inspector. She managed to fix her hair, comb Owen’s, and make sure Griffin’s looked acceptable.
- Ruthie is also a wonderful chef. She “cooks” a mean peanut butter and jelly, along with whatever else she could find.
- My kids can work together when necessary. This makes me smile.
So was this the weekend I had planned as Christmas is fast approaching? Certainly not.
Am I blessed? Yes, more than I know.
Only At My House,